Welcome to the Old Tram Mile Series 2020!
What is it?
- A Three-Part Series along the Old Tram Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 9TY.
- Chip-timed and accurately UKA measured mile-long course.
- You have the choice of running ‘up the old tram mile’ (ran first), ‘down the old tram mile’ (ran second) or both (for 2-miles).
Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY.
Dependent on updates from the government and England Athletics on social restrictions relating to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope to postpone until Sat 27th June 2020, Sat 25th July 2020 & Sat 29th August 2020 (however not confirmed, TBC).
- Race Registration is at 9.45am (next to the (now closed) Old Tram Bridge).
- Race Briefing is at 10am (same place as registration).
- First race starts is at 10.15am (Up the Old Tram Road).
- Second race starts at 10.30am (Down the Old Tram Road).
See table below:
|Old Tram Mile Series 2020 – Price Guide|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£3||£5|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£4||£6|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£5||£9|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£6||£10|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£8||£14|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£11||£17|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£13||£25|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£16||£28|
How to Enter?
Tickets will be available for sale in the coming weeks, watch out for further updates!
Any prizes or mementos?
- We’ve tried to keep our entry prices right down and we’re sure you’ll agree that for a chip-timed, UKA measured course our prices are very reasonable. Individual race finishers won’t receive a goody bag, medal, buff or t-shirt sorry…
- That said, we’ll have bottles of water, a banana and (if Mrs P agrees..) a slice of Oreo Brownie for each finisher
- If you’d like to purchase a custom ‘Old Tram Mile Series’ t-shirt or hoody please go to our shop page here
- There are no winners prizes (for open age or age categories) for any of the races sorry
- HOWEVER, any race series finishers (for either the single-mile or doubler series) WILL receive a special medal 🙂
Post Race Results
These will be posted, as soon as they’re available from our ace chip-timing partners at ProTay, here on our website. No doubt we’ll give y’all a heads up via our RunBible Facebook page too (which if you’re aren’t following already, you should be ;)).
Local Facilities, Parking, Race Rules and Anything Else?
Please read the more detailed race descriptions (via the entry links provided earlier – see above ‘How To Enter? section…).
We really hope to see you at the Old Tram Mile (OTM) Series, we’ll leave you with a picture of the race numbers, we think they’re rather awesome….
Featured Old Tram Road image from Preston Digital Archive